Need a Hand Orthosis? Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics Can Help
If you need a hand orthosis, you are most likely experiencing an injury or condition of some kind that is affecting the normal function of your hand, wrist, or elbow. At Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics, we provide custom-made and custom-fit orthotics and prosthetics to address a wide range of patient needs. Patient care is a top priority for us, and our team comprises highly experienced and skilled professionals who are extremely knowledgeable about effective orthotic solutions.
Benefits of a Wrist-Hand Orthosis
A wrist-hand orthosis in the Sunshine Coast has a wide range of uses, including stabilisation and positioning, assistance with range of motion, preventing a joint from extending or flexing excessively, or managing fractures. This device may be made of metal, canvas, or low-temperature thermoplastics. The patient may wear it just at night or all day long. Here are a few of the specific benefits an elbow-wrist-hand orthosis can provide.
- Pain reduction. These devices can allow the affected joint to rest, helping to reduce pain and swelling.
- Proper positioning during sleep. A hand orthosis allows you to sleep comfortably without worrying about injuring your joint further overnight.
- Protection and support for the joint. By immobilising the affected area, a hand orthosis can protect inflamed joints and tendons as they heal.
- Less nerve irritation. A hand orthosis can reduce nerve irritation in the carpal tunnel by resting and supporting the wrist in a neutral position.
What You Can Expect from Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics Regarding Hand Orthotics in the Sunshine Coast
When you work with Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics, you’ll discover a caring team of professionals who strive to ensure your satisfaction in every interaction. Here are a few of the things you can expect when you choose us.
- A range of services. We provide prosthetics and orthotics for a variety of conditions, as well as custom socket design so that you can express yourself and have fun with your device. We also offer prosthetic and orthotic solutions for children.
- An experienced team. We possess nearly 60 years’ combined experience, allowing us to deliver the highest levels of professional support and care across all our services.
- Easy payment solutions. We are NDIS-approved, making it easy for many of our patients to obtain the solutions they need to live full, happy lives.
- Convenient locations. Our head office is located in Nambour; we also have locations in Northlakes, Gympie, and Rockhampton.
- The personal care you deserve. We are a locally-owned family business. We are passionate about helping our patients achieve everything they want to achieve, and we’ll make sure that you receive the personal attention you deserve as one of our valued clients.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Hand Orthosis in the Sunshine Coast
If you need an elbow-wrist-hand orthosis in the Sunshine Coast, you want it to be as effective as possible and help you recover quickly. That means you’ll want to be sure that you have the right orthosis and that you use it correctly. Here are some common mistakes to avoid to ensure that you get the most value out of your device.
- Making your decision based on price. Choosing the least expensive solution is a common mistake when it comes to orthotics. It’s more important to select the device that will be effective for your particular condition.
- Not wearing it enough. Be sure to wear your orthosis for the amount of time recommended by your provider – even overnight. Leaving it off too often will result in slower healing and potential complications.
- Wearing it incorrectly. Be sure to follow your provider’s instructions on how to wear your orthosis. For example, you may need to make sure that it makes contact with the palm of your hand, that your thumb is positioned in it correctly, or that the straps are fastened snugly without being too tight.
About Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics
At Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics, we are registered with DVA and follow the Australian Orthotic Prosthetic Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct. We offer our patients a friendly, welcoming, professional, and modern clinical environment and patient-oriented care. We are an NDIS-registered provider; NDIS covers the cost of prosthetics and orthotics for many of our patients. We’ll work closely with you to be sure that we understand your needs and goals and find the ideal solution for you. Contact us today to schedule your assessment.