Lower Limb Prosthesis
Let Us Assist You with a Lower Limb Prosthesis
When you have a lower limb prosthesis that is made to suit your body specifically, you open yourself a world of opportunities. The Dynamic Prosthetics & Orthotics team works with you to find the right device fit for your situation.
Tips for Getting More Use Out of Lower Limb Prosthetics
We always want you to get the most value out of lower limb prosthetics. Our team suggests that you keep the following advice in mind:
- Pain awareness: You should never feel any discomfort when wearing your prosthetic. If you experience pain in your lower back, hip or knee, it’s possible that your device may need readjustment. In these cases, we encourage you to reach out to us immediately if you feel any instability.
- Be conscious of stump care: While the prosthesis is a fantastic asset that you can use regularly, you must remember to adhere to a proper hygiene routine for the affected area. Don’t forget to change your liners or stump socks every day and wash them after every use to avoid a rash or sore.
- Ask questions: Our team is never too busy to speak with you about your device. We hold our clinicians and orthotists to a high standard by requiring accreditation with the Australian Orthotic Prosthetic Association and they are capable of answering any questions. We encourage you to reach out any time regarding maintenance, care, or just to let us know how you are doing. Our staff loves hearing from you.
Problems Dynamic Prosthetics & Orthotics Addresses
Your satisfaction and comfort are our main priorities regarding your order of lower limb prosthetics in the Sunshine Coast. Our work ethic helps to avoid the following issues:
- Limited insurance options: We understand that prosthetics can be expensive, which is why we have partnered with Queensland Health and the NDIS to present you with options that these insurance providers cover. If you have questions or concerns regarding cost, a member of our team can review these details with you during your appointment.
- Lack of follow up: Once you receive your device, we add you to our list of routine follow-ups. We strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment to go over how you are feeling while using the prosthetic. After that, we will send you quarterly letters to remind you to come in and see us so we can verify that your prosthetic suits your needs.
- Production delays: We strive to complete an order for a prosthetic within 45 days. Our team remains in constant communication regarding the status of your order. If there are any delays, we notify you immediately with an adjusted timeframe.
Why You Should Work with Dynamic Prosthetics & Orthotics
The professionals at Dynamic Prosthetics & Orthotics go above and beyond to ensure patient satisfaction with any product. We recognise the incredible benefits that our devices add to your quality of life.
For more information about your options for lower limb prosthesis in the Sunshine Coast, please contact us.