Orthotics for Arthritis
Orthotics for Arthritis Play an Essential Role in Remaining Active
Investing in orthotics for arthritis allows you to manage your condition and continue to take part in daily activities. As swelling and tenderness in a joint, arthritis can be painful and damaging. Wearing a supporting device relieves the pressure associated with moving during your day.
What Sets Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics Apart Regarding Orthotics for Osteoarthritis
As a team, we focus on proving our clients with the tools they require to continue moving; this includes:
- Creating custom devices – We create custom orthotics for knee osteoarthritis and other conditions such as ankle, foot, or hand arthritis. We custom-make every device with care for your unique body and challenges. We design and craft high-quality accessories to provide support and improve function.
- Making you happy – We focus on ensuring our clients are happy with their device. When you visit us, we ask many questions to ensure we understand your requirements, how you’re feeling, and the best method for assisting you with your condition. We appreciate that subtalar arthritis orthotics and other devices are a key component in pain management, joint support, and the ability to enjoy life without being limited by pain.
- Answering your questions – We educate our clients on how and when to use their device, and how to take care of it to ensure it continues to function properly. Proper usage and care are essential to getting the most benefit from your orthotics. Our FAQ & Tips page contains general usage and care information. When you receive your device, we will provide you with specific use and care instructions for your situation.
Our number one focus is on you and ensuring you have a device that supports your daily activities, whether that’s walking the dog, or running a marathon.
What You Can Expect from Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics when Purchasing Orthotics for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is a painful condition that damages joints and often limits our ability to stay active. We support our clients with rheumatoid arthritis by:
- Encouraging them to follow their doctor’s advice – We always encourage our clients to make additional lifestyle changes that have been recommended by their doctor. An orthotic is one component of a pain management plan. Your doctor may have suggested that you establish a consistent sleep schedule and aim for at least eight hours of sleep every night. They may also have recommended you focus on eating anti-inflammatory foods, find ways to manage your stress and continue with moderate exercise.
- Meeting our goal of building a device that will support the joint – When dealing with rheumatoid arthritis, our goal is to design your orthotic so that it will reduce pain, prevent further joint disintegration, and allow you to continue with daily activities. Depending on the orthotic, we may take a mould and measurements of the area, to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Ensuring the orthotic fits comfortably – We work with you to ensure your device is comfortable and does not cause irritation or other issues. Both our Senior Clinician, Dewet Heyns, and Master Technician, Steve Saroglia, are available to answer questions or help with any problems you have with your orthotics.
About Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics
Dynamic Prosthetics and Orthotics is a family-owned and operated business with our head office in Nambour, and clinics in Gympie, Northlakes, and Rockhampton. Our Clinic Manager and Senior Clinician, Dewet Heyns, and our Master Technician, Steve Saroglia, combined have over sixty years’ experience in the industry. We use our local, national and international experience to provide our clients with innovative techniques and leading-edge products while continuing to provide the best care possible.