Orthotics for Stroke Patients
Receive the Assistance You Seek with Orthotics for Stroke Patients
Orthotics for stroke patients are one of the many tools used for aiding in an individual’s recovery following one of these serious medical episodes. For many patients, immediate concerns include conditions such as “drop foot,” which make it harder to maintain balance or walk. The right stroke orthotic, however, can return some strength and support to a patient’s body. At Dynamic Prosthetics & Orthotics, we custom-create these devices as needed.
What You Can Expect from Our Orthotics for Stroke Patients
It’s always important to know what you’ll receive ahead of time before you consider making an investment. When you visit our clinic for orthotics, you’ll receive access to:
- A good, comfortable fit. We take great care in collecting the measurements and information necessary to provide you with an orthotic that fully supports the parts of the body that require reinforcement following damage from a stroke.
- Functionality that supports the goals of your post-stroke rehabilitation plan. For those who require additional assistance, we have the ability to bring in a physio for the day to help you become more acquainted with the use and support provided by your orthotic device. Please ask about this opportunity during your visit to our offices.
- Longer-term support and assistance. Our bodies are always changing, even in advanced age, and strokes can often be the source of major life changes. By encouraging our patients to return for a consultation three months after their initial fitting, we can follow up on their progress, assess the effectiveness of the orthotic device and make any necessary changes.
Other Services We Provide Alongside Stroke Orthotic Options
Our versatility is among our greatest strengths, and it enables us to provide additional services such as:
- Assistance with NDIS planning. While we are not plan managers, we do have a well-developed understanding of how the NDIS applies to the areas of orthotics and prosthetics. If you are uncertain about how to proceed with regard to applying the NDIS to address your need for a strokeorthotic, please do not hesitate to ask us for help. We will provide whatever insight we can to help highlight the right way forward.
- Instruction in how to properly use and care for your orthotics. These devices require proper use in order to maximise the benefits they can confer for patients, such as providing the support necessary for standing or walking short distances after a stroke. We ensure all our patients leave with a clear understanding of how to use their new devices.
- Custom-created prosthetics. While not strictly applicable to stroke patients, we do have the in-house ability to provide support to amputees considering their options. Our highly experienced team provides the same superb level of service to our prosthetic patients as we do those looking for orthotics.
How Much Do You Really Know About Orthotics for Stroke Patients?
If you feel confused or uncertain about wearing an orthotic device, don’t worry it only makes sense to be unfamiliar with something for which you previously had no need. At Dynamic Prosthetics & Orthotics, we’ll help show you the way forward, from creating a snug, comfortable fit to demonstrating proper wear and care. Arrange your visit today.